Being Fully Alive
Congratulations on joining and finishing the Level One 8-week generating energy flow course. And thank you for your feedback during class on how the practice has helped change things for you.
Regular daily practice is the key to continued success. As my teacher would often say “just start practicing, the rest will take care of itself.”
Techniques and Skills
Now you have the techniques for:
- Entering a Qigong State of Mind
- Smiling from the Heart
- Qigong Patterns
- Generating an Energy Flow
- Coming to Stillness
The next stage is to develop your skills. Spend time with each aspect so that they become more automatic.
Flowing Movement or Slow Flow
There are numerous way to practice your Qigong exercises, from:
- flowing movements
- initiating movement from energy flow
- following form
- following the breath
- slow movements
- using longer pauses
- allowing energy flow between movements
- releasing energy flow at the end of the movements
- Working with the quantity, rate and quality of energy
These are just a few ways. Practice different ways to generate an energy flow and come to stillness.
From Wuji to Qi Flow to Stillness
The practice for this week was to move putting together the three Qigong exercises and use them in more flow or slow movements.
- Stand upright and relaxed
- Enjoy a Qigong State of Mind
- Smile from the Heart
- Use Lifting the Sky, Embracing Buddha and Carrying the Moon to generate an energy flow
- Enjoy the energy flow
- Come to stillness
Qigong translates as skill in using energy. The four foundation qigong courses we offer will allow you to progressively develop energy skills including:
- Generating an energy flow
- Managing and directing your energy
- Using energy flow to clear tension and improve health
- Increasing your vitality and resilience
- Reducing stress
- Developing calm focus
- Enhancing your everyday activity
At each level, you will gain the confidence to use the techniques you learn in class in your own practice, and can continue to develop and explore your skill in qigong outside classes.
For more information visit https://fully-alive.co.uk/levels-1-4/
Thank you once again for being part of Fully Alive.
Wherever your Qigong journey takes you next we wish you good Qi flow.
HEALTH & HAPPINESS IS A PRACTICE